Dividing Decimals - Visual Models Included - Printable
Use visual models along with the standard algorithm to quickly and effectively teach your students how to divide decimals with this comprehensive resource pack.
Standards Included: 5.NBT.7
This resource is also part of my 5th Grade Math Year-Long Curriculum Bundle.
How Can You Use This?
Introduce each skill with the detailed set of notes and sample problems. I suggest doing this in a whole group setting and pulling the PDF up on a Smartboard so students can annotate over the models.
Gradually release students to practice independently using the practice pages. 2 Homework pages are also included for reinforcement at home. These can also be used as additional classwork practice. Check for understanding and mastery after teaching each skill using the exit tickets.
When all skills have been taught, provide additional practice and review using the set of task cards, then assess with the final quiz when you feel students are ready.
What You Get
The 6 Mini-Lessons Included:
- Dividing Decimals by Whole Numbers
- Dividing Whole Numbers by Decimals
- Dividing Decimals by Decimals (with the same # of decimal places in the dividend and divisor)
- Dividing Decimals by Decimals (with a different # of decimal places in the dividend and divisor)
- Dividing Decimals by Decimals in which you have to annex a zero in the dividend
- Dividing Decimals by Decimals using a visual model
What You’ll Get in EACH of the 3 mini-lessons:
- Detailed Notes
- Sample Problems
- 2 practice pages
- 2 Homework Pages
- Exit Tickets (2-4 *The amount varies depending on the mini-lesson*)
You’ll Also Get:
- 16 Task Cards (review)
- Quiz (assessment)
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I always love your products. This one is massive and covers everything you could want on dividing decimals! Thank you so very much! - Texas Traveling Teacher
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ These resources are awesome for giving students a conceptual understanding of decimals. My students often fought having to do the figures, but it was great to push them to understand the concepts more fully instead of just memorizing a procedure. Will definitely be using it again! - Christine C.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Great resource, especially for modeling. Modeling for conceptual knowledge is key and this resource is excellent for teaching and practice. - Bethany C.