4th Grade Place Value Activities - Digital
Are you looking for interactive ways to teach various place value skills with your students? This set of digital activities is jam-packed with resources to review place value and numbers in base ten. Whether you're teaching with technology in the classroom or virtually from home, this resource will help your students interact with numbers.
They’re low-prep, easy to assign to a sub, and contain engaging activities using Google Slides.
- 4.NBT.1 Place Value
- 4.NBT.2 Reading, Writing, and Comparing Whole Numbers
- 4.NBT.3 Rounding Whole Numbers
- 4.NBT.4 Adding and Subtracting Whole Numbers
: 4.NBT.1, 4.NBT.2, 4.NBT.3, 4.NBT.4, 4.NBT.5, 4.NBT.6
See bundle options with this resource.
Introduce each standard with one of the activities; provide your students with their own digital device and assign them their own copy of the slides activity in Google Classroom. As students become familiar with each skill and activity, you can utilize the additional activities for classwork, centers, or small group intervention.
Face-to-Face Instruction (in the classroom)
If you are conducting a whole group or small group lesson, have students take turns creating their numbers on a large interactive smartboard. As a student works on the smartboard, other students can work on their own devices at their seat.
If you are teaching remotely/virtually outside of the classroom, this activity can be done:
- live in whole group or small groups during a Zoom Meeting or Google Meet
- Assign the slides to each student in the class and have them pull their copy up on their device. You can pop into their slides to check their progress as they work.
As an Assignment
- Create an assignment in Google Classroom (or any other compatible platforms that work with Slides) and have students complete the activity and turn it in.
What You Get
- 4.NBT.1 Place Value
- 4.NBT.2 Reading and Writing Whole Numbers
- 4.NBT.2 Comparing Whole Numbers
- 4.NBT.3 Rounding
- 4.NBT.4 Addition and Subtraction
- 3-6 Google Slides Activities
- Tutorial Videos for Rounding Whole Numbers using the Interactive Digital Place Value Chart
- Answer Keys for all activities
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ These were fantastic to use in teaching place value concepts! The templates made for awesome organizers for my students that they used heavily throughout the school year. - Allyssa B.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I used this during distance learning! It was Google Classroom compatible and well organized. - Ashley A.