This resource is also available in a bundle of digital interactive place value charts that can be used to assist students with place value.
This product includes digital activities to help your students with place value and numbers in base ten. Whether you're teaching place value with technology in the classroom or virtually from home, this resource will help your students interact with numbers.
Students will practice place value, powers of 10, reading and writing numbers, comparing numbers, and rounding them. Most activities include both whole number and decimal practice to allow for differentiation.
Face-to-Face Instruction (in the classroom)
If you (the teacher) are conducting a whole group or small group lesson, have students take turns creating their numbers on a large interactive smartboard. As a student works on the smartboard, other students can work on their own devices at their seat.
If you are teaching remotely/virtually outside of the classroom, this activity can be done:
- live in whole group or small groups during a Zoom Meeting or Google Meet
- Assign the slides to each student in the class and have them pull their copy up on their device. You can pop into their slides to check their progress as they work
- Assign one copy of the slides file to the class (do not make a copy for each student) and let students take turns on just one place value chart (this could be a bit overwhelming with many students in the same file, but could work in smaller groups
- as an assignment
- Create an assignment in Google Classroom (or any other compatible platforms that work with Slides) and have students complete the activity and turn it in
- 5.NBT.1 Place Value
- 5.NBT.2 Powers of 10
- 5.NBT.3a Reading and Writing Decimals
- 5.NBT.3b Comparing Decimals
- 5.NBT.4 Rounding Decimals
- 43 Google Slides Activities
- Tutorial Videos for Rounding Whole Numbers and Decimals using the Interactive Place Value Chart
- Answer Keys for all activities